Depression is a serious medical condition that can affect any one of us at any time. Depression is more than feeling a little sad or down for a short period of time. It is a serious mental health condition for which there is no single underlying cause. Although there are many symptoms, these are some of the most common:
- Constant low mood
- A lack of motivation
- A lack of tolerance for others
- Feeling anxious/worried
- Feeling unable to enjoy life
- Feeling tearful
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of sex drive
- Loss of appetite
If you are suffering from depression, then you should seek professional medical help. Hypnotherapy is not a replacement for medical interventions, although, as a complementary therapy, it can work well alongside them. Some studies have shown that, for some people, hypnotherapy for depression can be more effective than cognitive behavioural therapy. Under hypnosis, you’ll be in a perfectly safe, deeply relaxed state during which your subconscious mind is open to positive suggestion. Following your initial consultation, we’ll work together to identify the root causes of your symptoms. We’ll then follow up with hypnotherapy sessions designed to address the causes. You will not be required to revisit past traumatic events which may have triggered your symptoms. We’ll be concentrating on how you’re feeling at the present time, guiding you forward to a more positive future. When you’re under hypnosis, we can start to create positive change, for example, we can introduce coping strategies which may help to reduce or eliminate your symptoms. We can also work on techniques designed to increase your overall happiness and positivity. It is likely that you’ll need several sessions but you should notice a change early on in your treatment.
Work with me:
Are you interested in working with me? Here’s how to get started:
- Just enter your details in the box below to schedule an initial consultation and FREE introductory session!
- We’ll have an informal chat so that I can get to know a bit about you and what you’d like to get out of hypnotherapy sessions with me.
- At the consultation, I’ll explain how hypnosis works and how hypnotherapy can benefit you.
- This time is an ideal opportunity to make sure we’re the perfect fit before you commit and you’ll also experience your first free session!
- If you decide not to work with me, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.
- I really look forward to hearing from you!